The Store 180 The Strand

Friday 28 October 2016



Alex Eagle is one of my favourite boutiques in London, and after hearing that their counterpart The Store has opened at 180 The Strand I had to visit. Currently they are holding an exhibition "The infinite mix", immersing the viewer in sound and visuals - it gave way to interpretation: strange, moving and thought provoking.

After the exhibition, I thought I would treat myself to a well deserved tea break. I knew the Store's cafe space would be visually pleasing, but I was not prepared for the plethora of beauty I was about to encounter. It was not the expansive view of the thames that enthralled me, but of the interior space. Giant resin blocks, appearing like crystalized marble were scattered amongst the store. They in particular caused my heart to flutter, they were like modern jewels to decorate the home. Alongside these, were striped stone tables, Beni Ourain rugs and bubbling suede sofas. All were surrounded in light and greenery, I didn't want to leave - it was as if immersing complete relaxation, and aesthetic pleasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

Katie Woodward © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger