Chocolate, Cocoa and Caramel

Monday 2 November 2015



Chocolate, cocoa and caramel are emerging at the top of my wardrobe necessities and day to day wear. The tone relieves the harshness of the usual black, whilst maintaining the subtlety of hue which I require in my outfits. The colour is perfect for autumn, I get the feeling of blending into the season when wearing my cocoa Margaret Howell roll neck, as well as immersing into it's cashmere woollen comfort, which is required on the ever-so coming chilly days.
I can feel myself being drawn into purchasing more of the hue, after being inspired by vintage items from The Mercantile, and gaining inspiration via archived Harpers Bazaar (courtesy of London college of fashion library - I have just began my Fashion journalism Degree!)
 I am not a one for wearing bold colours, maintaining a monotonous themed wardrobe; however I feel that I am now ready to emerge into more earthy tones, adding olive to the browns, introducing a hint of colour into my wardrobe. 

Images:
 1)http://www.themercantileonlinestore.com/collections/mercantile-vintage
2)Margaret Howell
3)Harpers Bazaar January 1962 
4) http://www.themercantileonlinestore.com/collections/mercantile-vintage



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

Katie Woodward © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger